January 9, 2016

MatchTheCandies! First android game,the prototype.

Hello!

Hope you had a great x-mas.
Talking about x-mas, I just got a new phone! (BQ aquaris M5) and it is the first time I am using an Android.

I decided that I should make a game for it, my first game for a mobile!
I think it will be a great experience as I never tried it.

Match The Candies!

Start screen.

About the game:

It is a pairs game, the player should find all the pairs before the time ends.The "board" starts small (2x2) and starts growing.

The game is re-playable as each time the distribution will be different.

I would like to go for a pixel/cartoony art style (right now I just have a few placeholders from the AssetStore).

Lets make money! (maybe?)


Why I want to make money with a mobile game if I never made one?
The answer is: learn. I want to understand how ads work, and how to take the most of them. Also I want to learn how to properly design/place the ads.


Prototype:

I started by working on a prototype, right now I have made the win condition for each "board" and the generation of new and random boards.
Also I started implementing the menu system.
Finally I tried UnityAds (which is really easy to set up).


Ingame screen.

Next steps:

I will keep working on the prototype:

  • Make the in-game menu (pause/back to menu)
  • Make the win/lost menu
  • Make the audio manager
  • Make the countdown

Once I finish all those things,I will start with the artistic part of the game. I am not sure if I am going to do it by myself or if I will look for help.

See you!